Friday, October 30, 2009

CI #34 -- Halloween Costumes

Halloween is either my favorite non-presents-giving holiday or my most hated. I can't decide. It all depends on my costume -- or a frustrating lack thereof.

I hate running around at the 11th hour trying to pull something together. Yet, some of my most favorite costumes have come from a last-minute shopping frenzy.

The worst thing you can do is half-dress up. If you're not doing the whole costume scene, I respect that. But if you're going to attend a costumed party or event, you must make an effort. Now, an effort doesn't mean wearing your normal clothes plus a name tag and one wacky accessory. At that point, you're really just an Adam Sandler bit.

In my mind, there's only one rule for Halloween costumes. What is your one rule for Halloween costumes, Greg?

JUST LOOK RIDICULOUS. Go all out. Wrap yourself in duct tape. Cut holes in some cardboard and be a huge box. Maybe even try Edward 40s-hands (minus a point for originality. plus a point for commitment.)

Just do something. Everyone respects someone who makes an ass out of himself.


[Above: Greg as a Middle-Aged Mutant Ninja Turtle, Halloween 2008. Yes, those are (supposed to be) beer cozy nunchakus]

Oh, and this year I'm a giant squid. Pic to come later. Have fun y'all and save me a razor-apple!

Ask yourself and yourself shall receive...

No comments:

Post a Comment